I felt super lonely and decided to rent a virtual boyfriend. Long story short, I met a boy named Louis. He told me in his promotion that his favorite anime is Bungou Stray Dogs and Moriarty The Patriot. I booked him for the middle of June. Then, I started binge-watching Moriarty The Patriot to talk about it in session, lol!
Disclaimer, this is a subjective review by an anime watcher ONLY.
This anime is one of many that took inspiration from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's masterpiece, a character named Sherlock Holmes. We have seen so many stories with Holmes as the main character, but in this anime, we'll see the villain's point of view, Moriarty. Rather than portraying Moriarty as a simple villain, the series explores his ideals, motivations, and methods as he attempts to reform the deeply unequal class system of Victorian England through morally questionable means. It raises an interesting question. Can evil be justified if it's done for a greater good?
Every episode was fun to watch because it made me curious. And before I knew it, I already finished another episode. It never felt boring to me. Because I'm also a big fan of Bungou Stray Dogs, this genre is already my thing. They both have smart characters who always think ten steps ahead. But I think Moriarty the Patriot is much easier to follow. BSD is more complicated with all the abilities and a lot of characters, while Moriarty is a little more chill.
I also fell in love with Irene Adler. Even after she wasn't living as a woman anymore, she's still one of my favorite characters. She's just so elegant and beautiful in her own way. I really like how she's always acting and playing different roles. Uh, I even use Adler as my nickname on X, even use the screenshot of Irene's hair as my profile picture (on Instagram, also Discord until now!)
Overall, I had a really good time watching this anime. It's not the most mind-blowing detective anime ever, but it's super enjoyable and easy to binge. I watched it because I wanted something to talk about with someone, but I ended up actually loving it. HUGE 9,5/10!!
Post a Comment