The boring stories from my head wash away after the fight in my head, sit in a very peaceful paradise and come out to tell me a secret. I smile a bit while answering questions I've never known before.
tags
# tutorials # freebies # anime! # music # in my head # life story
blog archive
attendance
If you read this, please interact or leave your footprint here! Put yo name and URL so I can visit you back someday <3

followers
signal baby
CREDITS
© 2015 - Layout by blogskins, pattern from nurulatiqahjaidin, emoji from pixeldiary. BEST VIEWED ON GOOGLE CHROME.
How to add comment section on blogskins Saturday, February 12, 2022 1 comment


HI~! So, if you're looking at your blogskins code or several on the internet that were reposted by bloggers out there... some of them had no comment box. I was struggling to edit this blog because I forgot how the fudge I added a comment section to my recent template. I'm posting this in case someday I forget it again.

  • go to blogger > theme > edit html, look for
</style>

  • paste this code above it
.comment-timestamp {margin:0 0 .5em;padding:0 0 .75em 20px;color:#555;}
.deleted-comment {font-style:italic;color:gray;}
#comments {margin:5;border-width:0 1px 1px;padding:20px 0 15px 0;}
.comment-icon blogger-comment-icon{display:none}
#comments-block {margin:2px ;}
.comment-data {background:url("your icon url") no-repeat 2px .3em;margin-top:5px !important;background-size:10px;padding:0 0 0 20px;color:#666;}
.avatar-image-container img{
-webkit-transition: all 0.8s ease-out;
-moz-transition: all 0.8s ease-out;transition: all 0.8s ease-out;border-radius:50%;}
span.comment-icon{display:none}
.comment-poster {font-weight:bold;}
.comment-body {margin:0px;}
.comment-body p {background:#FFFFFF;border:1px solid #ccc;margin:0;padding:5px;color:#555;}

  •  look for this code
<BlogDateHeader><$BlogDateHeaderDate$></BlogDateHeader>
  • and paste this right after it as the comment-link after your entry title and date
<a href="<$BlogItemCommentCreate$>"<$BlogItemCommentFormOnClick$>> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comment </a>
 
  • look for this code
<$BlogItemBody$>
  • paste this under it as the comment box
<itempage>
<div id="comments" style="margin-top:5px;"><blogitemcommentsenabled><a name="comments"></a><dl id="comments-block">
<div style="width:470px; padding:5px;margin-top:20px;border:1px solid #bbb;6px;background:url(background url);">
<$CommentPager$><blogitemcomments>
<dt class="comment-data" id="<$BlogCommentAnchorName$>"><a name="<$BlogCommentAnchorName$>"></a>
<$I18NCommentAuthorSaid$></dt>
<dd class="comment-body"><p>
<$BlogCommentBody$></p>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$></dd>
</BlogItemComments></dl></div>
<p class="comment-timestamp"><$BlogItemCreate$></p>
</div>
</itempage>
  • make sure you paste the comment box code above this code 
<blogger>

Adjust the color and the background, preview, and save it. You're done! Hope it works. []

Labels:

Blogger Lia said...

comment

 

Post a Comment

warning
>>